The Paddlesport Leader Assessment is aimed at confident leaders who have undertaken formal training and/or have built up an extensive portfolio of leadership in sheltered water environments. The qualified Paddlesport Leader can lead kayaks, canoes and stand up paddleboards on single craft or mixed craft sessions . All three craft will be available during the assessment and candidates can use any or all of them.
At Cullercoats Bike & Kayak this qualification is delivered as a two day pratical assessment and it is undertaken by an external assessor. You can read the full assessment criteria on the British Canoeing website.
- Two days coaching from an experienced British Canoeing coach and assessor
- Refreshments on arrival and during any indoor theory sessions
- Use of a sit-on kayak, SUP and canoe as required
- Use of a buoyancy aid, helmet, wetsuit and boots as required
To register on this course you should be:
- Valid (within 3 years) British Canoeing recognised 1-day First Aid award
- Full Home Nation Association Membership
- Registration Fee: £39
- You must be aged 16 or over at the time of assessment. Note that you cannot be deemed responsible for leadership by law until you turn 18 years of age.
How to Book
2019 dates coming soon. For now you can pre-register your interest by emailing us.