Join our kayak club and paddle regularly this with other people who love the sport. We’ll explore sea and inland water up and down the coast, Tuesday nights in summer, Saturday mornings in autumn, winter and early spring. You’ll be picking up skills, trading tips and enjoying the water all summer long. Our main venue is Cullercoats, but we’ll be visiting new beaches and shorelines too. Kayak Club is for adults and parent-accompanied over 14s.
How does it work? Kayak Club is open to anyone who has had at least one kayaking lesson and mastered the basics. You’ll paddle as often as you like, picking up tips from other paddlers and the coaches as you go, but mostly just enjoying kayaking on the North Sea. Each session is accompanied by a qualified instructor.
As turnout drops off over December, January and February, we're offering some courses in new craft and environments over the colder months:
- Sat 1/8/15 Dec (3 weeks): Winter Canoeing with Dave Calvert (Bolam Lake) £60
- Sat 13/20/27 Jan & Sat 2 Feb (4 weeks): Surf Kayaking with Simon Laing (Cullercoats) £75
- Sat 9/16/23 Feb: Winter Canoeing with Dave Calvert (Bolam Lake) £60
Fancy paddling down the Tyne dressed as Santa on Sunday 16 December? Thought so... click here.
Diary Dates 2019
- From Saturday 2 March to Saturday 6 April 2019: Kayak Club is on Saturdays 10.30-12.00
- From Tuesday 9 April 2019: Kayak Club is back in it's summer slot: Tuesday Evenings, 18.30-20.00
Highlight the date you wish to book and the available options will appear. The choose 'Book Now' to complete our secure and instant online booking process.