Our private family coasteering sessions are ideal for families who love to explore! Our terrain takes in the rocky shores of Souter Lighthouse and The Leas, long feared by mariners for their big seas and surging surf. After hundreds of years of big waves the rocky shore has been left cracked and broken, making ideal terrain for a coastal adventure like no other. Highlights of this route may include (tidal dependant):
- Caves to delve in and explore
- Jumping from rock stacks and cliffs into the sea
- Swimming through gullies and surging surf
- Sinkholes only accessible by the sea
- Kelp forests and seaweed gardens
- Diverse wildlife on the rocky shore to explore
Who is this adventure suitable for?
Family sessions are for adults and children aged 7+.
What do I need?
We supply you with a 5mm wetsuit, buoyancy aid, helmet and qualified guides. You should bring old trainers, an old pair of shorts to wear over your wetsuit, a towel and swimwear.
Where do we meet?
Souter Lighthouse, South Shields
What is the cost?
- Private Family Group (up to 2 Adults & 3 Children): £195
- Private Large Group (up to 12 people) £399
- Additional adults are £35pp, additional children are £30pp.
Children must be accompanied by adults at a minimum 1:2 ratio.
If you want to give this tour as a gift you can buy a voucher in-store or click here to buy gift vouchers quickly and securely online.
How to Book
Family sessions can be booked for almost any day or time, as long as we have coaches available. So call us on 0191 251 9412 to discuss your availability.