Stand Up Paddleboarding is the fastest growing water sport in the world, yet many paddlers carry little or no safety kit and many don't undertake any pre-trip planning. The Water Skills Academy SUP Safe Workshop is ideal for the paddleboarder who enjoys paddling alone, with family and friends or as part of a group. You'll learn about the essential equipment, skills and rescue techniques to help both yourself and others whilst planning your trip and paddling. You'll also learn how to summon help should you need it. Note, this is not a first aid course.
Our course is delivered by an experienced WSA instructor. Our aim is to provide a relaxed learning environment in a range of environmental conditions. We'll deliver a morning and afternoon session in two different environments, this might include:
- Sheltered tidal water (eg. Cullercoats Bay)
- Sheltered moving water (eg. Tyne Estuary)
- Sheltered inland water (eg. QE2 Lake)
- A full day of practical training from a an experienced Water Skills Academy instructor
- Packed lunch and free tea/coffee during the indoor sessions
- Use of an inflatable SUP if required
- Use of a buoyancy aid, safety kit, wetsuit and boots as required
To register on this course you should be:
- Aged over 18, or be aged 12-17 and be accompanying an adult on the course.
- Confident paddleboarding in sheltered coastal waters and able to lift and manoever your board
- Have the ability to swim confidently, wearing a wetsuit
How to Book
2019 dates coming soon. For now you can pre-register your interest by emailing us.