Get your little rippers active, outdoors and exploring the North Sea with Kids Clubs at Cullercoats Bike & Kayak. Every week we're kayaking, coasteering and stand up paddleboarding in Cullercoats Bay and beyond, with tailored programmes ideal for young people looking to build water confidence and explore paddle sports. All club sessions include:
- Coaching, practice and games in every session.
- High quality equipment and 5mm wetsuit hire included in the price.
- Key messages including: environmental awareness, staying safe in the water and the importance of being active.
- Professional instruction from DBS checked coaches and leaders.
We have three awesome clubs to choose from...
Salty Dogs is a great introduction to the water, the waves and the rocky shore. We combine kayaking, paddleboarding, coasteering and beach games into fun-filled sessions that build water confidence and introduce the core skills needed to get into paddlesports. Sessions typically take place in Cullercoats Bay, a sheltered tidal cove, ideal for developing skills on the water.
- Ages 7-11 years.
- Saturday mornings (March - October), extra dates in school holidays.
CBK's Academy is for older kids and a little more skills focussed. We'll explore kayaking, paddleboarding and coasteering, but we'll take some longer journeys and get a little more adventurous too. Kids can also choose to work through their Paddle Power awards at CBK's Academy and achieve their first British Canoeing certificates.
- Ages 11-14 years.
- Sunday mornings (March - October), extra dates in school holidays.
Junior SUP Club
New for 2018. Junior SUP Club is a social paddling club for kids and teens that love Stand Up Paddleboarding. They meet every Tuesday evening at CBK after school and hit the water on their boards with a CBK instructor.
- Ages 12-16 years.
- Tuesday Evenings (April - September).
FAQs for parents
Read a little more about what to bring, what forms you need and more in our FAQs for parents.
If you want to give a kids club session as a gift, you can buy a voucher in-store or click here to buy gift vouchers quickly and securely online.
How to Book
To book a kids club session please click on your chosen club from the list above for more information and online booking.