Join us from Saturday 21 Sept to Monday 23 Sept at Cragside Estate for a two day members' only residential in the stunning Northumberland countryside. You'll stay in the Cragside Bunkhouse at the heart of the National Trust estate. After closing time, enjoy 1000 acres all to yourself. Members will have access to boards, bikes and boats. Dave and Phil our senior instructors will also be on hand to show you around:
- Simonside Crags Hike Guided walk through conifer forests and across heather moorland to the summits of the most distinctive hills in Northumberland National Park. 8 miles, 200m ascent.
- Explore Cragside by Canoe & Kayak Cragside's many lakes formed the backbone of the Estates hydro-electric and hydro-mechanical innovations. Explore the water by canoe and kayak.
- Stand Up Paddleboarding on the top lakes Hike up to the top lakes and explore them by paddleboard
- Carriage Drive Cycle Trail After the estate closes, explore the scenic Carriage Drive by bicycle and enjoy the forest and moorland landscapes. Bicycles available free of charge.
All activities are optional, but we always encourage people to do as much as possible. This itineary is subject to change based on weather conditions, but the plan is:
- Sat All Day: Simonside Crags Hike
- Sat 4PM: Check-in and self-guided exploration of Cragside Estate
- Sat 6PM: Welcome at Bunkhouse from instructors Dave and Phil
- Sat Eve: BBQ Dinner at the Bunkhouse (BYO food and drink, coals and BBQs provided)
- Sun All Day: Exploring Cragside by Canoe/Kayak, SUP and Bike (bikes, boats and boards provided, BYO wetsuit)
- Sun Eve: Head to the pub in Rothbury for food and drinks, or relax in the bunkhouse
- Mon AM: Depart or self-guided exploration of the Cragside estate
Cragside Bunkhouse is a restored Victorian cottage, sleeping 16 people. The bunkhouse features dorm style accommodation (max 6 persons per room) and communal living areas, kitchen and bathroom. You can read more about the accommodation and see pictures here. You will need to bring your own bedding/sleeping bag and pillow.
Food & Drink
There is no food and drink provided. Please bring your own supplies for the weekend. There is ample cupboard space and a large fridge for storing food in the bunkhouse.
What to bring
We have provided a packing list (click to download) for the weekend, please read this carefully well in advance. Whilst we supply boats, boards and bikes, you will need suitable outdoor clothing and footwear throughout the weekend as lots of time will be spent outdoors. We recommend bringing your own wetsuit, or you can hire from us for £20 for the weekend.
- £139 including dormitory style accommodation and activities.
- Full balance payable at the time of booking.
- This is for adults only please.
Select Sat 20 Sept from the calendar below then click 'Book Now'. All payments are securely processed by SagePay. You'll receive an e-mail confirmation when your booking is complete. If you prefer to book by telephone, you can reach us on 0191 251 9412.