The Snug is our first-floor retreat for paddlers, surfers and cyclists, the perfect place to warm your toes after your big adventure at the coast. We also offer the space for hire, ideal for community groups, schools, meetings and more.
Open Year Round
We're exclusively open to the following groups who are welcome to use the space to eat, drink, relax and meet:
- Our activities and hires customers, before and after their sessions.
- Members of Cullercoats Bike & Kayak clubs.
- Members of Cullercoats Paddlesports Club.
- Friends and family of all of the above.
If you have a local sports club that starts/ends your activities in and around Cullercoats Bay, email us today as we may be able to add you to this list.
We also welcome private group bookings including meetings, kids parties and community groups, see below for details. View our current opening hours here.
We have a range of hot and cold drinks, snacks and locally-made tray bakes available to buy. Everything is self-service, so make yourself at home and help yourself. Tea is just £1 per mug, locally-roasted filter coffee is just £1.50. You can borrow a thermos and dry bag too if you want to take your drinks and snacks with you.
The Snug accommodates up to 16 people comfortably. We can offer:
- Meeting table for up to 10 people.
- Bench seating and coffee tables for up to 10 people.
- Flexible open floor space if needed.
- 40" LCD screen for presentations and slideshows via HDMI or Google Chromecast
- Sonos Play 5 music system with Spotify Premium
- Guest reception service, our team will greet your guests and show them upstairs
- Self-service snacks and refreshments. Catering can also be arranged on request.
Watch this space for any special events coming soon to The Snug
Hire The Snug
Consider us for your next meeting, party or special event. We have hosted birthday parties, baby showers, hen parties and stag dos, school groups and even a small wedding reception!
Room hire is just £20 per hour. Our minimum hire period is 1 hour. You can book hire quickly and easily using the online form below: