The Snug is our first-floor retreat for paddlers, surfers and cyclists, the perfect place to warm your toes after your big adventure at the coast. We also offer the space for hire, ideal for community groups, schools, meetings and more. We're exclusively open to the following groups who are welcome to use the space to eat, drink, relax and meet:
- Our activities and hires customers, before and after their sessions.
- Cullercoats Bike & Kayak adult and junior members.
- Friends and family of all of the above.
We also welcome private group bookings including meetings, kids parties and community groups, see below for details. View our current opening hours here.
We have a range of hot and cold drinks, snacks and locally-made tray bakes available to buy. Everything is self-service, so make yourself at home and help yourself. Tea is just £1 per mug, locally-roasted filter coffee is just £1.50. You can borrow a thermos and dry bag too if you want to take your drinks and snacks with you.
The Snug accommodates up to 16 people comfortably. We can offer:
- Bench seating and tables for up to 12 people.
- Relaxed coffee area with two sofas.
- Flexible open floor space if needed.
- Sonos Play 5 music system with Spotify Premium
- Guest reception service, our team will greet your guests and show them upstairs
- Self-service snacks and refreshments. Catering can also be arranged on request.
Watch this space for any special events coming soon to The Snug
Hire The Snug
Consider us for your next meeting, party or special event. We have hosted birthday parties, baby showers, hen parties and stag dos, school groups and even a small wedding reception!
Room hire is just £20 per hour. Our minimum hire period is 1 hour. E-mail us to enquire.