Join us by the water this summer! We're a small, friendly team and we work hard to offer amazing adventure experiences for our customers. Sounds like somewhere you might like to work? Find out how to apply...
Perks & Benefits
- Profit with purpose company
- Above living wage rates of pay
- Workplace pension scheme
- 6 weeks per annum holiday entitlement
- Regular staff development and training
- Free hire of water sports and bike equipment for you+1 whenever available
- Good staff discounts on purchase of equipment
- Working in a small, friendly and dynamic team. See our staff profiles.
- Seasonal (early June to early September)
- Rate of pay: £13 per hour (freelance)
- Contracted hours: Casual
- Working pattern: Varied, includes weekends and school holidays.
- Place of work: Cullercoats (5 mins from Metro station).
Your role will be delivering excellent customer service as well as fun, memorable and safe paddlesport activities at our busy beachside store in Cullercoats. Activities include kayaking, paddleboarding, coasteering and water safety skills. You'll be working with schools, univerisites, the general public delivering a diverse mix of fun and coached sessions. Occassionally we lead trips on local rivers and lakes too across the north east region, so any local paddling knowledge you have will be invaluable. In addition to your coaching role you'll be responsible for the care and maintenance of equipment, setting up and clearing up, delivering customer service in and around the store. If you are over 25 and hold a full UK driving licence, you may be required to drive company vehicles too.
If you are applying for a freelance role, you are expected to provide your own safety equipment, PPE and transport to/from any remote work locations. You are also responsible for your own invoicing and tax contributions.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Minimum British Canoeing L1 Coach OR Paddlesports Leader OR proven competence to equivalent standards.
- Minimum British Canoeing Foundation Safety and Rescue Training OR proven competence to equivalent standards.
- Minimum Current Outdoor First Aid Certificate OR equivalent (2 day).
- UK Sport Safeguarding in Sport trained and certified (this can be provided if you don't have it).
- Self-starter, able to manage a range of varied tasks and deadlines.
- Friendly, approachable and a team player.
- High levels of literacy and numeracy (eg. GCSE grade C in maths and english, or equivalent)