Join us by the water this summer! We're a small, friendly team and we work hard to offer amazing adventure experiences for our customers. Sounds like somewhere you might like to work? Find out how to apply...
Perks & Benefits
- Profit with purpose company
- Above living wage rates of pay
- Regular staff development and training
- Free hire of water sports and bike equipment
- Good staff discounts on purchase of equipment
- Working in a small, friendly and dynamic team. See our staff profiles.
Trainee Adventure Guide
- Effective Date: 27 May to 31 Aug 2019
- Salary: £6.20 per hour (Age 16/17), £8.20 per hour (Age 18+)
- Hours: Minimum 15 hours per week during term time, full time during school holidays. Regular weekend and evening working required.
- Application deadline: Wednesday 17 April, 10am.
- Interviews will be held on Monday 29 April between 4pm and 9pm.
- Informal enquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Role: If you're looking to break into a career in the adventure and outdoors industry, this role could be ideal for you. We're recruiting two trainees to join our Adventure Guide team this summer. You'll spend the summer shadowing sessions and taking part in formal training including leadership, first aid, rescue training and more. As your confidence builds, you might start delivering your own sessions too. You will also be helping around the shop, looking after equipment and delivering exceptional customer service.
This is a holiday and weekend role so it could suit someone still in formal education. You must have a proven interest in water sports and have been actively participating in your sport for at least one year prior to applying.
Training contribution: Successful applicants are required to contribute up to £500 towards their initial training costs. If trainees successfully pass all courses and complete the season at Cullercoats Bike & Kayak, this will be refunded in full to the trainee with an additional £50 bonus.
- Seasonal (early June to early September)
- Rate of pay: £130 day, £65 half day
- Contracted hours: Self-employed, casual hours
- Working pattern: Varied, includes weekends and school holidays.
- Deadline: Ongoing, applications accepted at any time.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Minimum British Canoeing L1 Coach OR Paddlesports Leader OR proven competence to equivalent standards.
- Minimum British Canoeing Foundation Safety and Rescue Training OR proven competence to equivalent standards.
- Minimum Current Outdoor First Aid Certificate OR equivalent (2 day).
- UK Sport Safeguarding in Sport trained and certified (this can be provided if you don't have it).
- Self-starter, able to manage a range of varied tasks and deadlines.
- Friendly, approachable and a team player.
- High levels of literacy and numeracy (eg. GCSE grade C in maths and english, or equivalent)