Get your little rippers active, outdoors and exploring the North Sea with Kids Clubs at Cullercoats Bike & Kayak. Every week we're kayaking, coasteering and stand up paddleboarding in Cullercoats Bay and beyond, with tailored programmes ideal for young people looking to build water confidence and explore paddle sports. All club sessions include:
- Coaching, practice and games in every session.
- High quality equipment and 5mm wetsuit hire included in the price.
- Key messages including: environmental awareness, staying safe in the water and the importance of being active.
- Professional instruction from DBS checked coaches and leaders.
We have three awesome clubs to choose from...
Easter Day Camps
Our full day camps (9am-5pm) are open to all and combine kayak, paddleboard and extreme rockpooling for a rip-roaring day on the water! Ideal for kids with bags of energy and great sense of adventure.
- Ages 7-11 years: Tue 9 April and Tue 16 April
- Ages 11-16 years: Fri 12 April and Fri 19 April
Salty Dogs: 7-11s Club
Salty Dogs is a great introduction to the water, the waves and the rocky shore. We combine kayaking, paddleboarding, coasteering and beach games into fun-filled sessions that build water confidence and introduce the core skills needed to get into paddlesports. Sessions typically take place in Cullercoats Bay, a sheltered tidal cove, ideal for developing skills on the water. Kids and teens clubs are exclusively for CBK's Members, once you join you can find out all about how to book, via our exclusive Member Zone.
- Ages 7-11 years.
- Every Monday Evening (May-Sept), 17.00-18.30
- £12 per session
CBK's Academy: 11-16s Club
CBK's Academy is for older kids and a little more skills focussed. We'll explore kayaking, paddleboarding and coasteering, but we'll take some longer journeys and get a little more adventurous too. Kids can also choose to work through their Paddle Power awards at CBK's Academy and achieve their first British Canoeing certificates. Kids and teens clubs are exclusively for CBK's Members, once you join you can find out all about how to book, via our exclusive Member Zone.
- Ages 11-15 years.
- Every Monday & Thursday Evening (April-Sept), 18.30-20.00
- From £6 per session with own kit, £12 if using our kit
FAQs for parents
Read a little more about what to bring, what forms you need and more in our FAQs for parents.
If you want to give a kids club session as a gift, you can buy a voucher in-store or click here to buy gift vouchers quickly and securely online.
How to Book
To book a kids club session please click on your chosen club from the list above for more information and online booking.