The Paddlesport Leader Assessment is aimed at confident leaders who have undertaken formal training and/or have built up an extensive portfolio of leadership in sheltered water environments. The qualified Paddlesport Leader can lead kayaks, canoes and stand up paddleboards on single craft or mixed craft sessions. You should have undertaken training in leadership in the past and have a good level of experience leading paddling trips.
At Cullercoats Bike & Kayak this qualification is delivered as a two day pratical assessment and it is undertaken by an external assessor. You can read the full assessment criteria on the British Canoeing website.
- Two days assessment by an experienced British Canoeing coach and assessor
- Refreshments on arrival and during any indoor theory sessions
- Use of a paddlesports craft as needed
To register on this course you should be:
- Valid (within 3 years) British Canoeing recognised 1-day First Aid award
- Full Home Nation Association Membership (eg. British Canoeing, Scottish Canoe Association)
- You must be aged 16 or over at the time of assessment. Note that you cannot be deemed responsible for leadership by law until you turn 18 years of age.
- We recommend that you complete the Leadership Registration process at least 10 days before the course as you will need a valid registration form to begin the course, the cost is £39, payable to your home nation.
How to Book
Email us for 2020 availability and we'll be in touch when dates become available.